Tuesday, August 16, 2011

08.16.11

exercise:
4 miles
~42.15 minutes
(flat iron!)

food:
flat bread sandwich from subway
and.........
probably pasta leftovers

weight:
110.2 (before running, since the hubby is hoggin the bathroom right now)

so... before I ran today, and basically the entire last week, I've been having panic attacks about this marathon. I'm a nervous wreck about not finishing, or not getting my goal time, or passing out. I keep remembering that 20 mile run a few weeks back- how it was the hardest thing I've ever put my body through. I can't imagine running 6.2 more miles on top of that. and then I reason with myself that there will be water and food and gaterade and support for this one. and then I reason back saying that I'm physically going to still be in the same pain and exhaustion. I'm not really sure how running 3/4/2 miles this week is building any more strength in me, but I guess I'm putting my trust in Hal. He guided me through the half, so I'm sure I'll do okay for the full.

and then I ran my 4 miles today. the first 2.5 was crap. so so hard. I couldn't feel my legs very well for some reason (this has been happening for a lot of runs), and I was tired, and I was feeling overheated (it was 3 pm). So anyway, I'm on my 3rd mile, and I realize that I'm pretty within my 6 mph pace, and I could still finish aroun 40 minutes if I pick up my pace. So I did that, and the hill for mile 4 wasn't that hard. and I realized that that my legs aren't even taking a beating- it's all my lungs now! I'm running these terrible hills, and I'm keeping close to my goal pace! for the first time in a while, I'm excited for this marathon! :) bring it on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment